Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Practice with my friend of put 3D models inside the scene (07-09-2010)

This is a exercise that I do with my friend during the trimester holiday. This theme is the robot attack human. We decided to design 3 robotic characters that base on animals or insects or plants. My friend is incharge of design the characters and refine all the concept of light, medium and heavy character. The insect that we choose to study and design is spider. In this practice, we are not going to animate them. We just plan to match the models into the scene.

After my friend finish design the robots, I incharge of do the modeling part. These 3 models are model by me. I use mental-ray texture to make it very shine and glow shell. This is to make the shell looks new and create the hardness of the shell.

After I done my part, I compose the part of wireframe, grey shade and texture video of these 3 models by using AE software. And this is part of my job for this practice project.

For my friend, matte painting is one of his part to incharge. After he matte painting with a theme, which is a church that being attack by the robots in a night time. The people is looks scary and try to escape from it.

After done the matte painting, my friend put the image that I rendered into the matte painting. The passes that I use is diffuse, occlusion, specular, and shadow. After he compose all images that he need, he make the color correction. And yes, it's done.

No comments: